Excel 2003 Database Files
Related tutorial: Excel 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Step by Step Database Tutorial.
At times, we need to keep track of information and a good place to this is in an Excel database file. Whether it is a personal list of phone numbers, a contact list for members of an organization or team, or a collection of coins, cards, or books, an Excel database file makes it easy to enter, store, and find specific information.
Excel has built it tools to help you keep track of data and to find specific information when you want it. As well, with its hundreds of columns and thousands of rows, an Excel spreadsheet can hold an enormous amount of data.
The steps in this tutorial are:
- Entering the data - How data is stored
- Entering Data Correctly - Avoid common errors
- Rows are Records - Organizing your data
- Columns are Fields- Organizing your data (con't)
- Creating the Table - Create the database
- Using the Database Tools - Sorting and filtering data
- Expanding the Database - Adding new records
- Formatting the Database - Adding color and alignment changes