Related tutorial: Excel Data Entry Form.The Quick Access Toolbar is used to store shortcuts to frequently used features in Excel . It is also where you can add the shortcuts to Excel features that are not available on the ribbon.
One of these features is the data entry form.
For some reason, however, Microsoft chose not to add the form to one of the tabs of the ribbon starting with Excel 2007.
Below are steps that will show you how to add the Form icon to the Quick Access Toolbar.
This is a onetime operation. Once added, the Data Form button remains available on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Add the Data Form to the Quick Access Toolbar
For help with these steps, see the image above.
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar to open the drop down menu.
- Choose More Commands from the list to open the Customize the Quick Access Toolbar dialog box.
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Choose commands from line to open the drop down menu.
- Choose All Commands from the list to see all the commands available in Excel 2007 in the left hand pane.
- Scroll through this alphabetical list to find the Form command.
- Click on Add button between the command panes to add the Form command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Click OK.
- The Form button should now be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.