Part 1 covers the steps to creating a drop down list with data on the same sheet as the drop down list.
This tutorial covers creating a drop down list on a different worksheet.
Example: Creating a drop down list with data on a different worksheet
- Enter the following data into the correct cells on Sheet 1 or a worksheet:
E1 - The Cookie Shop
D2 - Cookie Type:
- Click on the Sheet tab for Sheet 2.
- Enter the following data into the correct cells on Sheet 2 or a worksheet:
A1 - Gingerbread
A2 - Lemon
A3 - Oatmeal Raisin
A4 - Chocolate Chip
- Drag select cells A1 - A4 on Sheet 2.
- Type " cookies " (no quotes) in the Name Box and press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Sheet tab for Sheet 1.
- Click on cell E2 - the location where the results will be displayed.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click on the Data Validation option from the ribbon to open the menu.
- Click on the Data Validation in the menu to bring up the dialog box.
- Click on Settings tab in the dialog box.
- From the Allow menu choose List.
- Type " =cookies " (no quotes) on the Source line in the dialog box.
- Click OK in the dialog box.
- A down arrow should appear next to cell E2.
- When you click on the arrow the drop down list should open to display the four cookie names.