Deleting a Drop Down List
All data validation options for individual cells, including drop down lists, can easily be removed using the data validation dialog box.
The data validation dialog box is located under the data tab of the ribbon.
- Click on the cell containing the drop down list or other data validation options
- Click on the Data tab of the ribbon
- Click on the Data Validation icon on the ribbon to open the drop down menu
- Click on the Data Validation option in the menu to open the Data Validation dialog box
- In the dialog box, click on the Settings tab if necessary
- Click on the Clear All button to remove the drop down list
- Click OK to close the dialog box and return to the worksheet
The drop down list should be removed from the cell at this point, but any data entered into the cell before the list was removed will remain.