Like all the Guides at About.com, I'm a real person. Due to the huge amount of email I receive, I cannot respond to all questions.
Many questions can be answered right on the site or in the About Spreadsheets Forum. Please check the questions and answers below. If what you are looking for is not there, drop by the forum and post the question. Perhaps others may be looking for the same answer.
If you need assistance with a problem that is not addressed on the guide site or in the forum, or have a great suggestion for a topic not already covered, please email me directly. Just be aware that I receive a huge volume of email so please consider the following -
- Please look for your answer on the site first. It may already be there either as an article or in the forum.
- Do not send email attachments. They will be deleted unopened.
- Please use plain text messages. Use the subject line to indicate the problem or suggestion. If there is no subject shown, the message will be deleted unread.
- Please write in proper sentence form using capital letters when appropriate.
- It may take some time to receive an answer due to email volume, and possibly not at all, if the topic is already covered on the site.
- What is this site about?
- The Spreadsheets site is primarily about how to use and how to get the most out of spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel. Other programs that are covered include Google Spreadsheets, OpenOffice Calc, and Microsoft Excel Web App.
- Who writes the articles?
- I write all the articles and tutorials you see on this site about Spreadsheets. I also maintain this site and provide links to other sites that contain valuable information or resources that are not covered here, so that you will have the best of information available to you.
- What is the most popular Spreadhseet Program?
- Microsoft Excel is the most popular spreadsheet software program available. Other software programs that are available include free programs such as the online Google Spreadsheets and OpenOffice Calc, and Microsoft Excel Web App.
- How do I search this site for information?
- The navigation bar on the left of the screen contains Categories to browse to the topic you are interested in.
- The search box at the top of the page can be used to type keywords for your topic. This will search the Spreadsheet site for those keywords.
- What related sites are also on About.com?
- Many topics in Spreadsheets cross over into other areas, such as other Microsoft Office software - PowerPoint and Word, as well as Databases, Visual Basic and Financial Software. These topics each have their own About site, so you may need to check those sites to find specifically what you are looking for if you do not see it in this guide site.
- May I reprint your articles?
- You may print out articles or tutorials for your own use. All original content on the whole About network is copyrighted and cannot be reprinted for commercial use without written permission from the New York Times. Here is the Reprint Request Form and instructions for use.
- What is the Spreadsheets Forum?
- The Forum is a sharing place for questions and answers. Anyone can log in to discuss problems or help others who may be having difficulties. All the questions and answers remain on the site, so the answer to your specific question might already be there. I check the forum regularly and often answer questions in the forum or direct you to the topic on the guide site. The forum often gives me ideas on new articles, especially if several people are experiencing the same difficulties.
- How do I contact you?
- I can't provide personalized answers or do research, but if you have searched the site and the forum and not found the answer to your question, then drop me an email and I will do my best to assist you. Thanks for stopping by. Ted French